Upcoming Super Mario Movie is projected to be a big hit

Sean Asay

Students can view the new Mario Movie at many theaters throughout the valley.

Brady Woods, Reporter

Super Mario is amongst some of the most popular characters of all time, but with how popular the character is, it has never had a great movie to go along with it. Luckily, on April 5, the beloved plumber got his movie.  

According to whattowatch.com, “’The Super Mario Bros.’ Movie is bringing the Nintendo mascot to the silver screen for the first time since 1993.”  

The ‘Super Mario Bros.’ video game was first released in 1985, and since its release, the character has blown up in popularity. Many more games featuring the character have stemmed from the original but it has never been able to create a successful movie.  

According to whattowatch.com, “While working underground to fix a water main, Brooklyn plumbers Mario and brother Luigi are transported down a mysterious pipe and wander into a magical new world.”  

The movie is sticking to the basic plot of Mario and his brother Luigi going up against the classic villain Bowser. It is anticipated to do extremely well with fans of the character and younger audiences being very excited. The movie also has an A-list cast, with actors like Chris Pratt playing Mario, Jack Black playing Bowser and Seth Rogen playing Donkey Kong.  

Everyone is familiar with the video game characters Mario and Luigi, and with the first movie coming out since 1993, it is expected to please all fans of the character.