March Club Briefs

Academic Decathlon 

The club is preparing for the state competition in Marsing, Idaho on March 17 and 18. Any students interested in joining next year’s team should talk to coach Heather Pinder or co-captains Claire DeSilvia and Lizzy Martin. 

ASL 

There is an ASL story poetry night and bake sale at Eagle High on April 28 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.   

Band 

Band had its pre-festival concert on March 9 and missed school on March 10 to attend the festival. In “Arabian Dances,” some of the players featured were sophomore Natalie Schultz on flute, junior Rachael Varn on oboe and junior Bree Schwendiman on piccolo.  

In “The Grace in Being,” senior Jenna Rios and Schwendiman were featured on flute, senior Ryan Dildine was featured on clarinet, senior John King was featured on alto saxophone and senior Jake King was featured on the piano. As for “The Entry of the Gladiators,” the entire group was excited to just have fun with the piece. 

After the festival, the band attended Eagle Middle’s festival concert on March 14 to play two of their pieces again with them, hoping to inspire the kids to continue band in high school. 

Career Center 

On April 4, Eagle High is hosting a college planning night for sophomores, juniors and their parents.  

Also, the class of 2023 will be having a senior college celebration and awards ceremony at the Eagle High Thunder Stadium from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.  

Equality Club 

Equality Club met on March 9 to announce the officers and determine what the next plan of action is. They are currently hoping to expand the size of the club. Everyone is welcome. 

HOSA 

HOSA members headed out to the State Leadership Conference at Idaho State on March 8 through 10. 

Japanese Club 

Japanese Club ran the Battle of the Bands concessions and ticket sales. 

Key Club 

Key Club is planning on doing a game night at Spring Creek Assisted Living Center, potting plants and painting the pots which will then be handed out at Spring Creek and helping out at the Boise Hawks Stadium Feastival.  

National Honor Society 

In NHS, members are continuing to get their service hours completed. Officers will soon be sending out invitations for next year’s members. 

TSA 

The team competed at the State Leadership Conference on March 2, 3 and 4.  Those competing were junior Asa Tribble, freshman Casey Graham, sophomore Hudson Merrill, sophomore Jackson Nuttal, junior Porter Koopman, junior Hayden Little and freshman Luke Helm. They won medals in Digital Video Production, On Demand Video, Video Game Development and Dragster Design. Together, they took away a total of nine gold, silver and bronze medals. Congratulations to the team. 

Yearbook 

Recently, the club has been working on taking photos for different classes at Eagle High. They also elected new editors for next school year. All senior ads are now sold out. The spring supplement is coming soon.