LeBron James passes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in all-time scoring

LeBron James passes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s unbreakable record that has lasted for 38 years

Aren Monk

Lebron was wearing his signature Nike shows when he took the NBA scoring title.

Kamden Hurren, Reporter

Basketball player LeBron James passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s all-time regular season points on Feb. 7 against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Jabbar has held this record since April 5, 1984.

James has been a dominant player since he entered the league in the 2003-2004 season. He has always been amazing at scoring, but he sees himself more as a pass-first player, averaging 7.3 assists per game.  James’ career average is 27.2 points per game, being the fifth player in all-time career points-per-game.

Many people have seen Jabbar’s previous record as unbeatable, because players have to have an almost perfect NBA career, stay healthy and score amazingly in a league that is always changing.

“James’ longevity is easily one of the best of any NBA player of all time,” said junior Josh Karel. “A player that can stay in MVP conversations while being 38 years old is crazy.”

The night James passed Jabbar, tickets were as low as $325 for some of the highest seats in the stadium. Tickets reached a peak of $100,000.

“James has easily become the greatest player of all time with him passing Kareem, what else does he have to do?” said freshman Henry Rich.

With James passing Jabbar, this has become a recent debate among NBA fans on who is the greatest of all time.

Others believe Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time, or G.O.A.T., but the debate for the G.O.A.T. will be resolved another time.