Sadie Hawkins comes to Eagle High

It is time for students to ‘kick off their Sunday shoes’

For+the+first+time+in+years%2C+the+Eagle+High+%E2%80%9CStampede%E2%80%9D+Newspaper+is+putting+on+a+Sadie+Hawkins+dance.+It+is+a+great+way+for+students+to+get+out+and+have+fun+with+their+friends.+

Avery Hassman

For the first time in years, the Eagle High “Stampede” Newspaper is putting on a Sadie Hawkins dance. It is a great way for students to get out and have fun with their friends.

Leah Barnes, Copy Editor

When current high schoolers’ parents were in high school – when life was in black and white, and dinosaurs roamed the earth – they had casual dances. After home football games, after basketball games and after no games at all, high school students would come together and go to laid-back dances at school. They did not have to get their hair and nails done, buy expensive outfits and take a million pictures; all they had to do was show up and dance. 

After many years, Eagle High has decided to put on its first casual dance, a Sadie Hawkins. 

Put on by “The Stampede” Newspaper staff, Eagle High’s Sadie Hawkins will take place on Saturday, Jan. 21 from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. The theme is “A Night at the Cinema,” so students should dress as their favorite movie characters.  

In a typical Sadie Hawkins dance, girls ask guys rather than the other way around. Eagle High students are encouraged to carry on that tradition to make the process more fun and exciting. 

Students can twin in movie costumes with another person or a group. They can also just come alone, as there will be many people there. However, it is a casual dance, so the costumes do not have to be fancy. Students should dress for success because there will be a costume contest to award those who are best dressed. 

“I’m looking forward to seeing the costumes people come up with and wear,” said senior Naomi Harman. This dance calls for creativity, so hopefully students get into the theme’s spirit. 

Tickets can be purchased at the bookkeeper, and they are available now for sale. They cost $15 for singles and $25 for couples. The dance proceeds will go toward putting on the dance and fundraising for “The Stampede” Newspaper.  

At the dance, there will be a live DJ and dancing on one side of the Social Center. On the other side, there will be games, tables, water and popcorn available for students. Parent and faculty chaperones will also be in attendance.  

“I will be there,” Harman said. The more students there are at the dance, the more fun it will be for everyone.  

“The Stampede” Newspaper staff members are excited to host “A Night at the Cinema” and are hoping to have high student engagement in it. That way, this dance can remain as a tradition at Eagle High for years to come.