Boise Festival of Trees lights up another year

The festival profits go toward a new intensive care unit in Idaho

Sean Asay

The Boise Festival of Trees took place at the Grove Hotel.

Leah Barnes, Copy Editor

Every year, the Treasure Valley welcomes the holiday season with the annual Boise Festival of Trees, an event put on by Saint Alphonsus.

According to saintalphonsus.org, “100% of net proceeds from the 2022 Festival of Trees will fund priority capital projects at Saint Alphonsus with the focus on our new Neuro Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit, the first and only critical care unit in Idaho that has board-certified and fellowship-trained neuro critical care physicians.” This is a monumental step for Idaho healthcare, with the intention of saving more lives locally.

Community members had to buy tickets to get into the event. On Nov. 22, a gala was held, where members could buy trees and holiday decorations. Then, on Nov. 23 through Nov. 27, there was a general exhibition for the public. This exhibition included visits with Santa, a train and LEGO display, face painting, meetings with holiday characters and the annual tree lighting ceremony.

Finally, on Nov. 28, there was a fashion show and luncheon that featured community members and clothes from Dillard’s, Salt by Pepper and other brands.

Eagle High Student Council put together a tree to auction off at the festival.

“We entered a ‘Need for Speed’ tree into the children’s division,” said junior Genevieve Parkinson, the head of the Student Council committee making the tree. “This tree was interactive and adorned with Hot Wheels and automotive themed décor including gift certificates, signs, and toys.”

Members of the committee were excited to contribute to the great cause. They felt as though they made an impact on their community to help change Idaho healthcare for the better.

“I really want to thank all the hardworking individuals on the committee. Without them, we wouldn’t have been able to bring this idea to life,” Parkinson said.

The Boise Festival of Trees brought in the holiday season, and with it came the hope for lifesaving healthcare in Idaho.