Taylor Swift’s ‘Midnights’ album breaks many records

Eagle High students love Swift’s latest album

Kara Skiles

On Oct. 21st, Taylor Swift’s Midnights Album became Spotify’s most-streamed album in a single day.

Taylor Swift’s newest album, “Midnights,” was released on Oct. 21, 2022, and it’s already breaking many records. According to billboard.com, these previous records were set by artists like Drake and Adele. 

According to billboard.com, “Taylor Swift score[d] one of the most historic weeks in the 64-year history of the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart… she becomes the first artist to claim the survey’s entire top 10 in a single frame.” 

People around the world tuned in at 12:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time to the album of the year, and many got to listen to all 13 songs released such as “Anti-Hero,” “Karma” and “Bejeweled.” But at 3:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Swift unexpectedly released seven more songs in a deluxe edition known as “Midnights 3 A.M. Edition.” 

“My initial reaction was, ‘Oh my god, she’s insane, there’s seven more songs,’” said sophomore Carina Teebken. “I think that the 3:00 A.M. songs are amazing, and they sound a lot more like her other songs [compared to] the rest of ‘Midnights.’” 

One can easily see that people around the world love the “Karma” singer’s newest album, but one doesn’t have to travel the world to find fans. In fact, many students at Eagle High love “Midnights,” including junior Gianna Sprott.  

“I like ‘Midnights’ because it feels [like] she really was herself in the songs. I felt like I could relate to a lot of the songs,” Sprott said. “My favorite song[s] have to be either ‘Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve’ or ‘Mastermind.’

Audrey Splaine and Elizabeth Martin

Following the success of the album, Swift announced “The Eras Tour,” a concert tour that is going to consist of songs from all 10 of her studio albums on Nov. 1. This will be her first concert tour since her “Reputation Stadium Tour” in 2018. 

“I’m enchanted to announce my next tour… The Eras Tour, a journey through the musical eras of my career (past and present!)” said Swift on her Instagram.  

All of Swift’s older albums such as “Fearless,” “1989” and “reputation,” plus her newer albums like “folklore,” “evermore” and “Midnights” are going to have their chance to shine on the tour, and many students at Eagle High are looking forward to going these concerts. One of these students is sophomore Peyton Studer. 

“I’m extremely excited because I have never been to a Taylor Swift concert before,” Studer said. “It makes me happy to think that I have a chance to witness the music I love so much from an artist I love so much.” 

Many students at Eagle High love Swift’s record-breaking album, “Midnights” and many are looking forward to her upcoming “The Eras Tour.” The album is loved by many, and it has solidified itself as a worldwide phenomenon.