Holiday Concert turns on the lights of Christmas hope

Eagle High choir students celebrate with their Christmas concert

Valerie Chaves

Members of the Bella Voce Choir perform at their fall concert at Eagle High.

Valerie Chaves, Photographer

The Holiday choir concert, known just as Holiday Concert, should be like a Heaven full of stars, not only because it is the theme of the concert, but because it is an incredible opportunity to hear the choirs perform and see the great talent that Eagle High students have. 

The concert takes place in December, and it is the greatest of all according to choir students. The songs and the beginning of the snowy season bring a sense of joy and harmony among the choir students.  

“Holiday Concert is our biggest concert of the year. It’s also a big tradition that we do every year where we put on together a bunch of Christmas music, and a lot of people from the community come and watch,” said junior Carolyn Baird, who is a member of Sonous, a varsity choir. 

It’s a concert put on by all the Eagle High choirs and is something that they always look forward to. Everyone is still learning, but that is the fun part. Students can grow in a pleasant environment. 

“Holiday Concert is just the best. For anyone who wants to join choir, you’ll want to join before Holiday Concert,” said sophomore Kenley Riggs, member of the treble choir, Bella Voce. 

In addition to the fact that each student has discipline and commitment to the personal responsibilities that they have, choir is very enjoyable for students. They learn and enjoy the passion they have for music while participating in wonderful events. 

“The choir teacher, Mr. McMullen, really helps you to be proud of your voice and just be confident,” Riggs said. “He likes to say this thing where ‘it’s better to be strong and wrong than right and light’, so that’s why it’s important to be brave and involved in the sound you make.” 

People who come to the concert can get a little taste of the magic that happens after all the preparation and dedication of Mr. McMullen and his students. 

In choir, everybody is their own person, but they all contribute to create melodious sounds. Students engage in making and contributing their own sound, and together, they sing Christmas songs that make it sound like angels. 

Students will be performing Holiday Concert in the Eagle High Auditorium on Dec. 16 at 7:00 p.m. and Dec. 17 at 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Tickets are currently on sale, and for anyone who wants to attend this event they can be purchased online. Here is the link to buy the tickets: https://search.seatyourself.biz/webstore/accounts/eaglemusic/buy-tix.