Categories:

Get tangled in Eagle High’s homecoming week

The Eagle High student section is full of school spirit at the homecoming game against Mountain View High. This is Eagle High’s 30th year hosting a homecoming game.
Azriel Bennett

At the beginning of every school year, students at Eagle High look forward to homecoming week.  Whether it is the dress up days, the football game, powder puff or the dance, there are many events to enjoy.  This year’s homecoming week took place Sept. 23-28 where many memories were made by students.   

The themes of the dress up days this year were: school spirit on Monday, dress like its 1995 on Tuesday, anything but a backpack day on Wednesday, red, white and blue day on Thursday and blackout on Friday.  Students showed their school spirit by participating in the many fun dress up days created by the Student Council.  The week started out with the annual powderpuff game taking place. 

“We are successful because we all connect really well and work together easily,” said senior Schuyler Roorda as she described what made Class of 2025’s powderpuff team so successful.  Powderpuff took place on Sept. 26 at the Thunder Stadium.  The Class of 2025’s powderpuff team took first place for the third year in a row.  They were coached by senior Cole Brooks and senior Chance Jones.  The girls practiced hard which paid off to result in a third year of winning.  The powderpuff game was followed up by the football game later that week. 

“My favorite homecoming event is the football game,” said sophomore Bryn Beardall.  The game took place on Sept. 27 at the Thunder stadium.  The Mustangs competed against Mountain View High.  The team battled thoroughly during the whole game and took the win with a score of 52-14.  Many students enjoy attending the homecoming football games to cheer on the team in the student section while Stang Gang leader’s cheer.  During halftime, the homecoming royalty winners ride in fun, vintage cars and are announced. 

The freshman homecoming prince was Weston Artes and freshman homecoming princess was Addyson Simpson.  Sophomore winners were Brandon Wheelen and Charity Linton.  Junior winners included Austin Ramsey and Adelie Cook.  The senior princess this year was Madi Cerda, and senior prince was Jimmy Larsen.  Lastly, the senior king was Roman Walker and senior queen was Delaney Emerson.  Homecoming royalty is selected by teachers along with students. 

To end homecoming week, the dance took place on Saturday, Sept. 28.  This year’s homecoming dance theme was “Let’s Get Tangled.”  The dance took place in the courtyard next to the Thunder stadium where students enjoyed dancing and having fun with friends.