Categories:

Spectacular Halloween movie release this fall of 2024

This fall season, many new movies are in the theatre including “Beetlejuice Beetlejuice” which came out Sept. 6, as well as “Joker” which came out Oct. 4. The anticipation and reviews of the movies bring people into the theatres as temperatures drop.
Kate Vorobieff

Everyone loves a good, scary movie, with Halloween approaching, horror movies will be at the top of the watch list. The classics are coming back, and new releases follow for a good scary season. Brand-new movies give Halloween lovers something to look forward to as well as the original’s new sequels. All these new thrillers will keep everyone on the edge of their seats. 

Sci-Fi has always been a popular genre, and nothing is better than a scary sci-fi to frighten one’s October night. “Alien Romulus”, came out Aug. 16th and is a thriller starring Cailee Spaeny as an orphaned miner and David Jonsson as an android. This will throw the audience through a whirlwind of ups and downs. 

“It’s got the creepy-crawlies, and it’s got just enough plot to make you care about the characters,” said movie reviewer Jordan Hoffman. 

“The Crow” is a dark enchanting reboot of the 1994 version of “The Crow”. It is referred to as “a dark and gritty reimagining” (screenrant.com). This suspenseful show will take viewers through the eyes of the character Eric as he avenges his loved ones. Released on Aug. 23, it is a spectacularly crafted movie. 

Students and parents love the movie “Beetlejuice”, so creating a sequel of the movie was the best move to make. Everyone can pile into the theatres with their popcorn and candies to enjoy the latest and greatest of a widely loved classic Halloween movie. “Beetlejuice Beetlejuice” released on Sept. 6. “Beetlejuice Beetlejuice” is one friends can watch over and over again! 

2022’s “Speak no Evil”, written by Christian Tafdrup and his brother Mads, was an astonishing thriller that made neck hairs rise. It was originally a Danish psychological horror thriller until it had a remake this year. Released on Sept. 13, this is now something Americans all over the country can watch. Starring James McAvoy, Machenzie Davis, Aisling Franciosi, Alix West Lefler, Dan Hough and Scoot McNairy, this film is one to snuggle up in blankets and enjoy thoroughly. 

This suspenseful and terrifying film will have eyes widened. “Hold Your Breathe” released Oct. 3 and will shake watchers up. Starring Sarah Paulson, Amiah Miller and Alona Jane Robbins, directed by Karrie Crouse and William Joines, this masterpiece of a movie will be one that should be watched with friends. 

The movie “Joker” was and is still an amazing psychological horror that no one will forget, so it would only be right to make a sequel. Get ready for “Joker: Folie á Deux” playing Oct. 4  in theatres all around. With the talented actors Lady Gaga and Joaquin Phoenix, this chilling and exiting new movie is not one to miss. 

Students can’t forget the absolute psychological terror “Smile” is. Being a huge hit the year 2022, and now with another this year in 2024. This insane movie will make neck hairs stand up and pits in stomachs grow, so don’t miss this brilliant film for anything. Releasing Oct. 18, mark the calendar for a night at the movies. 

Vampires are a big part of Halloween culture, so what’s better than a remake of the 1994 “Nosferatu” this year? This classic gothic tale is filled with fear and love. Starring Bill Skarsgard, Nicholas Hoult, Lily-Rose Depp, Aaron Taylor Johnson and Emma Corrin this cast will be the center of attention. Coming out Dec. 25, the wait for this marvelous film will be worth it. 

Gather blankets and snacks to snuggle up to these amazing movies. Whether seeing them in theatres or at home, these releases will be mandatory to get in the scary season mindset. From psychological horrors to the love-set thrillers, each one of these films are ones movie lovers would hate to miss. 

Donate to The Stampede

Your donation will support the student journalists of Eagle High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.