Categories:

October News Briefs

October News Briefs

ASL 

The ASL Club meets every A day Tuesdays. They have elected officers for this year. The officers are President Peyton Studer, Vice President Jessica Park, Secretary Elisia Henry and Co Historians Oliver Rhoades and Kenzie Gintz. They will elect the rest of their officers at the next meeting. They will then start to plan for the rest of the year.      

BPA  

The group meets every other Wednesday in teacher Joe Gossi’s room. They are beginning to pick out what projects they will be working on. 

Debate 

The new debate captains are seniors Savannah Bub and Daniel Zhang. Upcoming speech and debate competition is this fall. 

Earth Club 

Earth club believes in the importance of helping the environment through volunteering in the community with different organizations and groups. This consists of planting flowers and trees, highway cleanups, going on hikes, etc. They are planning a volunteer opportunity at Eagle High, which will consist of picking up garbage from the parking lot, stands and fencing along the road. They also do fundraisers to donate to charities with a similar mission. Overall, they try to make Earth Club enjoyable and fun, while also helping the Earth and learning about the environment. 

FFA 

This month, FFA hosted the FFA luau at Rocky Mountain High from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Oct. 1 and a lunch meeting on Oct. 22. From Oct. 23 to Oct. 26, there was the National FFA Convention, which senior Lena Clark attended.  

HOSA 

HOSA voted for their officers on Sept. 25. 

Key Club 

Past events for Key Club in the month of October included: volunteering for concessions at the football game on Oct. 3 and Oct. 18, meeting during lunch in S112 to paint pumpkins for Spring Creek Assisted Living on Oct. 4 and lastly, on Oct. 7, they painted pumpkins with special needs students during lunch. More events were babysitting teachers’ kids after school on the Oct. 9 and from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the 10th for parent teacher conferences. They are also in charge of Red Ribbon Week this year which is from Oct. 21 through Oct. 25. They have planned out the dress up days, and this is what they have decided on: 

Monday: Kick-off Red Ribbon Week- wear red 

Tuesday: Too grown up for drugs- Adam Sandler Day 

Wednesday: Gang up against drugs- Biker v Surfer 

Thursday: Team up against drugs- Sports jersey 

Friday: Drugs can’t find me- Camo/EHS colors 

Knit and Crochet Club 

Knit and Crochet Club meets every Thursday at lunch in teacher Amy Dutchover’s room (S110) to do crafts and teach others. Those are mostly casual, but a member meeting is mandatory once a month.  

Marching Band 

In the past month, marching band had their fall concert on Sept. 30 at Centennial High, a half-time performances on Oct. 4 and Oct. 11, the Treasure Valley Festival of Bands Marching Competition on Oct. 19 and DIII Marching Competition, at BSU, on Oct. 26. 

NHS 

NHS is doing a lot to try and better the Eagle community. They are putting on the Giraffe Laugh, which includes assembling thanksgiving baskets, raking up Eagle, the Night of 1000 Pumpkins, carving pumpkins for the community and pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House which is recycling and a fundraiser.  

Student Council 

STUCO did a food drive as a class competition during 2A classes with during homecoming week. 

Technical Student Association 

The association just had their first kick off meeting.  

Yearbook 

The Yearbook staff are continuing production and content collection for the yearbook. Senior dedications are now on sale.